Sunday, November 8, 2009

RAINBOWPure Luminescence flooded me. Overwhelmed, i fell on my knees, bowed my head, and folded my hands in speechless prayer.
Then it rained. Fine raindrops filtered the Pure Luminescence into a splendid rainbow. My heart leapt. I rejoiced. I danced. I wrote poetry. I sang. My soul marveled at the Pure Luminescence now gently expressing Itself through the soft hues of the rainbow, and then again I was speechless.
Then came the ominous moment. I lifted my hand. Grabbed the rainbow. Shattered it. Dissected the hues..and erected a red flag. And a saffron flag. And a yellow flag. And a green flag. And blue, indigo, and violet flags. Then I started shouting slogans.
That’s how I committed suicide.
-----------------------------------------
(Translated by the author from his original Marathi “Indradhanu”)

No comments:

Post a Comment